We know there’s a lot to think about when it comes to promoting your new app, that’s why we’ve compiled this handy checklist to make sure you’re getting the most out of your mobile app!
1. Download the app on your phone
In order to successfully promote your app, you have to make sure you’re familiar with it.
2. Get your staff to download the app
“Many hands make light work” could not apply more here. Promoting your app is so much easier with the help of all your pharmacy team!
3. Add links to your iPhone & Android Apps to your Website
4. Post about your app on social media (often is best while the app is new)
5. Edit your prescription labels/inserts (if you can) to include text about your new mobile app
6. Put flyers up in your store
We have free ones you can download and print here.
Big bonus if you can…
7. Add a segment to your IVR/on-hold recording that promotes your mobile app
If your patients are calling in to your store anyway, why not notify them about your app while they’re on hold?
We’ve crafted a script you can use: “Have you downloaded our new mobile app? It’s free and available today! Visit the App store for iPhone or Google play store for Android. Search [PHARMACY NAME] and download our app to to start refilling prescriptions at the touch of a button!”
↳ Don’t have IVR or on-hold recording for your store number yet? Here are a couple of great companies for pharmacies recommended by NCPA:
↳ Have a service provider but need help with your mobile promotion audio file? We can create one for you! Sign-up for audio file here.
8. Add an audio segment to your in-store recording, or in-store TV
Tell patients while they’re waiting for their prescriptions, or browsing your front-end!
9. Send an email blast to your list of patients telling them about your app, including links directly to both your iPhone app and Android App
IMPORTANT: Make sure the list of people you would be contacting gave you consent to email them.