Facebook advertising is a powerful promotional platform for businesses of all industries. The third-most visited site in the world, Facebook also ranks as the most used social media platform online. As of the fourth quarter of 2021, 2.91 billion people have active accounts on Facebook accounts. Pharmacy Facebook ads are a great way to connect with millions of potential patients. However, pharmacies do need to be aware of social media parameters and standards for acceptable content.
Facebook's potential ad audience compared to total population aged 13+
Percentage of American adults that use Facebook
Percentage of U.S. users that visit Facebook daily
Guidelines and Best Practices for Facebook Ads
Unlike Facebook posts, which you post to a business page or personal profile, Facebook ads are shared to a pre-selected target audience. When creating an ad, you choose specific parameters, including audience gender, age, occupation, interests, and location to reach the people most likely to be interested in your business.
Facebook ads are NOT allowed to:
- Imply that the reader/viewer has a specific health condition or disability.
- Promote illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, or any tobacco product.
- Promote unsafe supplements (defined at Facebook’s discretion).
- Contain before/after images that promote a health-related product.
- Name brand or generic prescription drugs and promote their use.
Facebook also restricts ads that:
- Promote CBD oil and hemp products. While CBD is not mentioned specifically in the advertising guidelines, the platform is still cracking down on ads that mention these products.
Promote COVID-19 related products. As of February 16, 2022, high-demand products related to COVID-19 are still subject to restrictions based on Facebook’s COVID-19 Advertising policies.
However, there are still a lot of opportunities to promote healthcare products, services, tools, and events. Before they go live, all ads will go through a review process that checks images, text, and target audience as well as any landing pages.
Facebook ads should:
- Follow all Facebook Advertising Policies.
- Target the demographics and geographic area you want to focus on.
- Contain content is relevant to your business with a clear message.
- Have a strong call-to-action (CTA) on every ad that encourages viewers to visit your website, call your pharmacy, or attend your event.
Growing Your Pharmacy Business With Facebook Ads
As the most-visited website after Google and YouTube, Facebook is one of the first places people go to request and share information.
Pharmacy Facebook ads allow you to market directly to audiences most likely to become new patients while also building an online network.
You can leverage the platform to highlight new user-friendly digital tools such as a pharmacy mobile app or website with digital refill capability. Ads can help you promote special events and new services, and get the word out about seasonal promotions. They can also drive traffic to your pharmacy website or encourage potential patients to visit your pharmacy’s Facebook page.
With a unique targeting system and wide audience potential, Facebook ads help your pharmacy market efficiently and grow your business online and off.
Our Digital Marketing Services
Digital Pharmacist has a team of Digital Marketing Specialists that can tackle your Facebook ads for you. With customized content targeted to your client demographics and geographic locations, we can help you expand your customer base. Learn more about our Digital Marketing Services today!