Test your pharmacy knowledge with these trivia questions.
See how many pharmacy trivia questions you can answer correctly!
- Which soft drink was not invented by a pharmacist?
- Dr. Pepper
- Where is the name warfarin derived from?
- True or False: Exenatide (Byetta) is derived from the saliva of the Gila Monster?
- What class of medication are derived from the Madagascar periwinkle plant?
- Which founding father was a pharmacist before he was ever a printer or a statesman?
- Fill In The Blank: In the year 1897, Dr. Felix Hoffmann was successful in synthesizing ____ which is the active ingredient in ____.
- In what form was aspirin first sold?
- After Germany lost World War I, Bayer was forced to give up what two trademarks as part of the Treaty of Versailles in 1919?
- True or False: Barry Marshall tested his theory himself. In his case, his studies were regarding Helicobacter pylori as the cause of most peptic ulcers and gastritis. He drank a broth of the bacteria, which had been cultured in his lab, to prove his theory.
- True or False: The word placebo originated from the Latin phrase for I shall please.
1. B 2. WARF (Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation) 3. True 4. Vinca Alkaloids 5. Benjamin Franklin 6. Acetylsalicylic Acid (ASA), Aspirin. 7. Powder 8. Aspirin & Heroin 9. True 10. True