By Anyssa Garza, PharmD, BCMAS – Digital Pharmacist Staff
Test your pharmacy knowledge with these five pharmacy trivia questions. Let us know how you do!
- Which Avengers hero worked at a pharmacy before he became famous?
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Chris Evans
- Chris Hemsworth
- Mark Ruffalo
- Which medication is considered #1 in terms of total lifetime sales?
- Which soft drink was invented by a pharmacist?
- Dr. Pepper
- Vernors Ginger Ale
- All of the above
- True or False: After Germany lost World War I, Bayer was forced to give up the trademarks for Aspirin and Heroin as part of the Treaty of Versailles in 1919.
- Match the medication/class to its origin of discovery or is derived from.
|a. Warfarin||__ i. Saliva of the Gila monster|
|b. Byetta (extenatide)||__ ii. Madagascar periwinkle plant|
|c. Vinca Alkaloids||__ iii. Spoiled sweet clover feed that was later marketed as rat poisen|
- C. Chris Hemsworth. In fact, he sterilized breast pumps as part of his job after women returned them to the pharmacy.
- A. Lipitor. With data provided by IQVIA, Fierce Pharma published data that revealed Pfizer’s Lipitor remains the U.S.’ best-selling drug over the last 25 years with U.S. sales equalling $94.67 billion.
- E. All of the above. For more information on the discovery of Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper, be sure to read Five Pharmacy Fun Facts
- i.b; ii.c; iii.a