By Anyssa Garza, PharmD, BCMAS – Digital Pharmacist Staff
Posting content that your patients will enjoy is easier than it seems. Here are five ideas for creating engaging content that you can post to Facebook today:
- Pharmacy and Community Events: Upcoming events and announcements is one of the best things to publish on Facebook because it presents a clear call-to-action, and give patients a real reason to continue following you on social media. Promoting events can be so powerful on social media because of the shareability and network of your audience. Events can easily be shared between friends and with an official events page, users can indicate interest and attendance which is then shown to their friends. For example, our friends at Kaup Pharmacy created an event for Small Business Saturday.
- Behind-the-Scenes Video or Story: Today, video content is bigger than ever and has become a great way to tell your pharmacy’s story. Approximately one-third of people’s online activity is spent watching videos and 87% of online marketing content is video-based1. These numbers are staggering but not altogether surprising; users want to see the brands they back in action. Especially for local pharmacies, patients want to connect online and share that experience with their own network. Giving a tour of the pharmacy behind the counter or showcasing the staff and specialized facilities can be an easy way to get your foot in the door of digital video content. For example, Annie’s Apothecary-Specialty Pharmacy gave their users a peek behind the curtain at how suppositories are made.
- Showcase Your Staff: Got a technician with an inspiring story? Let your community know. Establishing an emotional connection between your patients and employees is a great way to build trust and help create a sense of community. Sharing a personal story exemplifies the fact that you and your staff are real, compassionate people who will make every effort to make patients feel comfortable. One of our Digital Pharmacies, Coastal Pharmacy, has done a great job of showcasing their staff in weekly newsletters.
- Let your patients know you have gone digital: If you have joined the digital movement and have gone digital, do not forget to get the word out. Let your patients know you are digital, especially because now you have a way for patients to conveniently refill their medications. Whether they can refill from their mobile app, computer, or through interactive voice response (phone call), they cannot benefit from these tools, if they do not know you offer these options. See below how Morgan’s Medicine got the word out with our customized Digital Marketing campaigns.
- Provide Health Education: As a pharmacist, you are already providing expertise on a number of areas that may come as new information for your patients. You can leverage this experience and share this online as a way to better educate your community and position yourself and the pharmacy as the go-to place for community health. See below how Blount Discount Pharmacy does a great job in educating their community.
For help creating and evaluating your pharmacy’s social media presence, give us a call at 877-959-7550 or email [email protected]