Creating a 2023 health awareness calendar this year is a great way to market your pharmacy while promoting patient health.
Benefits of Creating a 2023 Health Awareness Calendar:
Every month, national organizations and countries around the world come together to share educational content and promote services that support specific health conditions. From cancer prevention to diabetes awareness, these events help bring communities together. They’re also a great addition to your pharmacy’s marketing strategy, allowing you to develop relationships with your audience while advertising relevant products and services. By highlighting different health topics each month and providing themed incentives, you can keep patients engaged and give them a reason to visit your pharmacy.
- Cervical Health Awareness Month
- Thyroid Awareness Month
- National Glaucoma Awareness Month
- American Heart Month
- National Cancer Prevention Month
- National Children’s Dental Health Month
- National Sleep Awareness Week: March 13-19
- National Kidney Month
- National Nutrition Month
- World Immunization Week: April 24-30
- National Stress Awareness Month
- National Asthma & Allergy Awareness Month
- National Osteoporosis Month
- National High Blood Pressure Education Month
- National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month
- National Great Outdoors Month
- Men’s Health Month
- UV Safety Month
- World Hepatitis Day: July 28
- National Immunization Awareness Month
- National Breastfeeding Month
- Contact Lens Health Week: August 21-25
- Cholesterol Education Month
- National Women’s Health & Fitness Day: September 27th
- Head Lice Prevention Month
- Bone & Joint Health Action Week: October 12-18
- Healthy Lung Month
- Health Literacy Month
- World Meningitis Day: October 5th
- National Diabetes Month
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Awareness Week: November 19-25
- COPD Awareness Month
- National Handwashing Awareness Week: December 5-11
- National Influenza Vaccination Week: December 6-12
Promoting Your 2023 Health Awareness Calendar
With all of the online resources available for health awareness, there are a lot of ways to market your front end, create social media posts, and share resources that help your patients live healthier lives. Posting educational content on your social media pages can drive patient adherence and add value to their online experience. Also, don’t forget to promote these awareness events on your website and at your pharmacy.
Resources & Ideas for Promoting Your 2023 Health Awareness Calendars:
- Cervical Health Awareness Month | Share downloadable content from the NCCC and advocate for HPV vaccinations.
- Thyroid Awareness Month | Advertise alternative decongestant products for patients with thyroid disease.
- National Glaucoma Awareness Month | Discount supplements that support eye health.
- American Heart Month | Advertise heart-healthy supplements, utilize the Outreach Toolkit from the NIH or this American Heart Month Toolkit from the CDC for social media posts.
- National Cancer Prevention Month | Share a cancer prevention quiz from the AACR on social media.
- National Children’s Dental Health Month | Advertise discounts on kids toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- National Sleep Awareness Week | Post sleep hygiene tips next to sleep aid medications. “Not feeling well-rested? Try Breathe Right Strips!”
- National Kidney Month | Have a BOGO sale on Vitamin D Supplements.
- National Nutrition Month | Offer nutrient depletion counseling at your pharmacy.
- World Immunization Week | Post a flyer and share a list on social media of your vaccination offerings.
- National Stress Awareness Month | Offer discounts on stress-reducing supplements or essential oils.
- National Asthma & Allergy Awareness Month | Post allergy and asthma tips, and offer discounts on over-the-counter allergy medicines.
- National Osteoporosis Month | Offer discounts on multivitamins with extra calcium.
- National High Blood Pressure Education Month | Utilize the Hypertension Communications Kit from the CDC.
- National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month | Print downloadable patient guides from the American Migraine Association to share with your patients.
- National Great Outdoors Month | Post a flyer that reads, “Don’t let bites or poison ivy stop your outdoor adventures. Great Outdoors Checklist: Calamine lotion, bug spray, anti-itch cream, sunscreen and bandaids.”
- Men’s Health Month | Have a BOGO sale on mens’ multivitamins.
- UV Safety Month | Advertise and offer discounts on sunscreen and share sun safety tips on social media.
- World Hepatitis Day | Utilize these campaign materials for custom posters and social media graphics.
- National Immunization Awareness Month | Post and print immunization schedules and share the vaccine assessment tool from the CDC website.
- National Breastfeeding Month | Discount supplements that support lactation and post-natal health and utilize this social media tool kit from NICHQ.
- Contact Lens Health Week | Advertise contact lens cases with “The American Optometric Association recommends replacing your contact lens case every three months!”
- Cholesterol Education Month | Utilize the cholesterol communications kits from the CDC website.
- National Women’s Health and Fitness Day | Have a BOGO sale on womens’ multivitamins.
- Head Lice Prevention Month | Share lice screening tips and advertise lice shampoo.
- Bone and Joint Health Action Week | Share a flyer or social media posts on glucosamine supplements.
- Healthy Lung Month | Advertise smoking cessation tips and discount smoking cessation products.
- Health Literacy Month | Host a prescription safety session and/or utilize the Health Literacy Month Toolkit for social media posts.
- World Meningitis Day | Advertise your meningococcal vaccine service.
- National Diabetes Month | Advertise diabetic shoes, inserts and lotion.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Awareness Week | Share downloadable content from IFFGD and offer discounts on antacids.
- COPD Awareness Month | Use pre-written articles and social media resources from the NIH.
- National Hand Washing Awareness Month | Offer BOGO hand soaps and sanitizers and share best practices for hand washing on social media.
- National Influenza Vaccination Week | Partner with local businesses or organizations to offer flu vaccinations at their locations.
The list of health awareness events continues to grow each year, so be sure to check regularly for new opportunities and ideas. Here are even more national health awareness months, weeks, and days to look out for, compiled by Becker’s Hospital Review.
If you need assistance with marketing your health awareness calendar, Digital Pharmacist offers a range of digital marketing services and support. We offer curated health resources written by pharmacists and posted to social media on your behalf. With targeted Facebook and Instagram ads, we can also help promote your front-of-house sales and drive new customers to your pharmacy. Let us tackle your 2023 health awareness calendar so you can spend more time focusing on your patients!