By Anyssa Garza, PharmD, BCMAS – Digital Pharmacist Staff
Each month is a great time for a pharmacy to shine a spotlight on a health condition and grow its relationship with the community while advertising its products and services. You can utilize this Health Awareness Calendar and customizable examples to engage customers. Changing health topics each month and providing themed incentives will keep customers engaged and give them a reason to visit your pharmacy.
- Pair information with products to empower patients to take health education into their own hands
- Offer promotions such as Buy One, Get One (BOGO)
Advertise your services (Wellness classes) and products (see April)
Promote items at the checkout counter for patients picking up prescriptions
- Market your pharmacy on social media based on these health awareness months
Click on the calendar below to enlarge.
2019 Health Awareness Calendar
Feel free to use any of the following downloadable posts for the upcoming months.
January – National Glaucoma Awareness Month
February – American Heart Month
March – National Sleep Awareness Week (March 11-17)
April – National Autism Awareness Month
For help promoting your pharmacy with monthly health awareness topics, give us a call at 877-959-7550 or email [email protected].
- Aetna Calendar: http://www.aetna.com/employer/commMaterials/documents/Roadmap_to_Wellness/wellness-calendar.pdf
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. https://healthfinder.gov/NHO/default.aspx
- Image Courtesy of Macrovector | Dreamstime.com
- Image Courtesy of Suns Design | Dreamstime.com
- Image Courtesy of Enterlinedesign | Dreamstime.com
- Image Courtesy of Volkop | Dreamstime.com