With big announcements and lots of media, folks are talking about how Amazon’s acquisition of PillPack will change health care and how CVS’s delivery-by-mail-for-a-fee is somehow innovative.
You shouldn’t be worried though, not if you’re doing what it takes to compete. You can do things chain and mail-order pharmacies can’t or won’t do – but you have to actually do those things — and do them well.
- Promoting your services (especially in-person delivery and adherence packaging)?
- Strengthening patient relationships?
- Telling your story to the media?
- Courting large local employers and plans for which you can offer enhanced services?
- Seeking out other new payment opportunities?
At the upcoming NCPA Annual Convention, you’ll find a lineup of learning opportunities that can equip you not only to compete with the big guys but to provide – and get paid for – valuable patient services to populations that may be underserved in your community. There’s that and much more at NCPA’s Annual Convention, Oct. 6-9, in Boston. No fluff, no theorizing – just solid ideas and solutions that can boost your pharmacy business. Register now! (And hurry: NCPA preferred hotel rates are only available through Sept. 12!)