By Anyssa Garza, PharmD, BCMAS – Digital Pharmacist Staff
Patients rave about their independent pharmacists, but many first-generation pharmacy websites feature OTC shelves or block images instead of featuring the people who patients love to come see.
When designing your website, it is important to feature the people who make independent pharmacy amazing as well as the important services that patients love such as delivery or compounding.
Earlier this year, we released our new website redesigns which places more focus on the local pharmacy’s competitive advantage — its people. We have also incorporated several additional features which are listed below.
- Homepage featuring the pharmacist and services
- New Patient Page and Transfer Form
- New website template options
- Pharmacy service pages (Medication Adherence, Long Term Care, etc)
- Compounding page with widget
- Resources tab (Rx Coupons, Health News, Medication Information)
- Newsletter sign-up section on the homepage
- SEO optimization
- Compressed images to speed up page load time
- Website verification through Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools (Bing and Google)
With the new pharmacy website redesigns, pharmacies have seen greater patient engagement which is shown in the graphs below.
Increase in website and mobile refills (total)
Increase in website sessions (total)
Increase in patient engagement for one pharmacy who received a new website redesign
If you have not received a website refresh in the past 12 months, please get in touch with us by sending us an email at [email protected] and see if you are eligible for a free upgrade.
To learn how to maximize your website, give us a call at (877) 959-7550 or email us at [email protected].